Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Let's Take Inventory!

I'm sitting here at my computer, thinking about all the things I have to do today.

Right now, I'm going over the inventory sheets I was tasked with making for le bisou (my bar), making sure I've got everything. I was just on the phone with my boss, Dutch, and he said he's going to text me a list so that I can confirm the list I had made. I find it interesting that I've only been an employee for a month, and I'm already being trusted with a task as important as making the inventory sheets that will be used from here on out for the resto-bar (or at least until I make an updated version based on stock).

Later, I have to get to my grandmother's house to help with some yardwork that I promised I would do. Not a promise I regret making, nor a task I'd have a bad time doing. The sole annoyance lies in the fact that I need to get to Lachine with a large electric hedge trimmer somehow, and I don't know if I'd be allowed on the bus with such a piece of equipment (let alone two busses, as it takes to get there). And it does add some time constraint to my schedule for the day.

After that, I need to head further east into the downtown area. To go to work. We won't be open tonight, but we are doing a large clean-up (most of the staff and such) of the whole place, top to bottom. I'm hoping to be able to reorganize the cellar a little bit (where we lock up all our booze when we're not open), for the sake of efficiency.

With these three things, my day seems to be full.

No comments: