Tuesday, January 20, 2009

School's No Longer Out (and it wasn't even summer)

Day one of school was a success. Got to see my classmates, and I hadn't seen most of them over the six weeks of break. Had only two classes; Movement and Voice. Finished classes at 11.30am, and stuck around to hang out with friends. It all went well. Good classes, good fun. Now to make everyday as good as this day. I hope all my other classes are just as good.

I noticed something today; while I was at school, I had the feeling that there were significantly more beautiful people this semester than last. More as in how many, just to clarify. I don't really know why, but maybe it was...
- Just everyone dressing up for the first day of school, or;
- Because everyone was smiling and happy to see everyone else again, or;
- There really are a lot more beautiful people at Abbott now. But I don't know.

But seriously, a lot of beautiful people. And I wasn't the only one who noticed either.

My friends... seeing everyone today, friends and classmates alike, made a six week break feel like a long weekend. I literally asked one of my classmates "How was your weekend?" instead of "How were your holidays?", slipping immediately back into that Monday morning routine. But that's a good thing. Even if we haven't seen one another in over a month, it means that we're picking up right where we left off. And I have two words to say to that.

Sweet deal.

More details on school related things later!

Update (the next morning): Wow. All of my muscles are screaming at me. It hurts to even just move. I think it was the "welcome back" warm-up/work-out Carol put us (theatre kids) through yesterday in our first class. But seriously, major ouchies.

No comments: