Friday, May 23, 2008

The First

So I went out with two of my friends tonight. For the sake of example, we'll call them Clark and Chloe (Clark's idea. He calls me Pete). Anyway, the three of us have been pretty close for the last few months. In fact, that's how long we've known each other and been friends, but we've always been close. We used to go to this pub called "Reborn from Ashes" (not really, but again, sake of example) on Thursday nights and Saturday nights.

Now, Clark's been having troubles with some people at this pub. People like (always for the sake of example) Alexander, Whitney, and a few others. So he decided to take me and Chloe to this new pub, called VIP. First time Chloe and I had ever been to this place. We were excited to check out somewhere new, and we were under the impression that there was going to be karaoke this night. This was all Thursday night, by the way, even if it's Friday (at least, here it is). Anyways, we get there, and...

...it's dead.

Two people other than us. Three if you count M.C., the bar mistress. No karaoke. Just... lame, quiet, not energetic at all. In the end, it reflected on all of our moods. The walk back to the car (a good, long walk) was a quiet one. We were all... not bad moody, but certainly not happy.

I both hope
and know that this weekend is going to be a million times better that last night ended up being. I'm out of town for a few days, getting back Tuesday. I'd tell you all why, but it'd take me hours just to think of the right words to explain. All in due time, don't worry.

PS: Just to confirm, I am allergic to nuts. And a great many other things as well.

No comments: