Thursday, May 29, 2008

Good Deeds

Good Deeds for the last two days.

Wednesday:
I was out of the house really early that morning. I was meeting my friend Beverly for breakfast. I know her from high school, but she graduated like 3 years ahead of me. Anyway, she moved to Texas a couple years ago, and she was visiting Montreal, so we got together for breakfast. I was out of the house earlier than expected, so I went to the nearest public park to sit on the swings. I noticed a large amount of trash, mostly beer bottles and an empty two-four case. So I cleaned that up. That was my good deed for Wednesday.

Today (Thursday):
Walking back home from meeting a friend (a bit younger than me, but just as mature, which is nice), some kids are playing hockey in the street. They must've been like five or six. Anyway, they shoot the ball and it goes flying down the street towards me. No, it didn't hit me, but it did go by me. Instead of keeping my pace, I turn around and chase the ball. When I finally caught it, I rolled it down the street back to the kids.

I feel slightly better about my day now, after doing that. We need more people doing random acts of kindness in this world.

No comments: