Thursday, September 18, 2008

Kill Me Romantically

I have 40 minutes before I need to get off the computer and into bed. It's been a long day, and I have quite the day ahead of me. But I thought I could sneak in a quick blog post since I finished preparing my playlist for radio tomorrow. I'm excited for the music I've got planned. I'm sure I'll have to cut a song or two depending on how much time is taken up by speaking, but we'll see.

School's going well, I think. No troubles with my teachers or classmates yet, and I plan to keep it that way. I get to see my school-friends everyday too, and they're turning into real-friends, since we keep hanging out off of school grounds more and more often. We've hung out, this week so far, on Monday, Tuesday, today, and plans for tomorrow involve poker and drinks. All of this after school of course. I'm really excited for tomorrow.

I'm still hitting the single thing. And not enjoying it. All of my friends are either taken, or telling me "being single is great! You can do whatever you want without having to ask, like, permission! You can even sleep around if you want!"

Yeah, y'see, that's not me. I've never had to "ask permission" to do something. If I'm going out with friends, there's never been a problem there with me and a girl. If I suddenly get a shift at work, well shit happens, and it's fine. The only time things could be stressful would be when I'm in production for a play or film and my schedule's filled up, but I always notify girls about that ahead of time, so usually it's not a big deal.

I'm not a sleeping around kind of guy. Sure, I bet it's great fun and pleasure in the heat of the moment, but it's nothing lasting. I'd rather something real. A commitment of sorts. Even if it's "I don't want to be a girlfriend to anyone right now," as long as there's still a form of commitment and monogamy there, I'm cool with that. So all in all, single isn't exactly for me.

But none the less, I'm still hitting that scene. Not complaining, but not enjoying myself. There's just no one out there for me at this moment. Sometime I get a small blip on the radar, but it hasn't turned out to be anything so far. It might be a while before I find someone. That would kind of suck, but it's not the end of the world or anything, y'know?

I miss some people. In the summer, I went to the Capital a lot, remember? I didn't go solely for GC; I have regular friends there too. Well some of them have moved away for university and such. Others are still there. But I miss them all. It's been a while since I was last in Ottawa. It's high time I go visit!

No comments: