Friday, August 15, 2008

Surprising

So I'm still awake. Still operating on no-sleep-whatsoever from last night. I think I might have actually amazed myself, and it's very rare that I'll say something like that. But in all seriousness, I thought I was going to crash and burn a couple hours ago. Yet here I am, feeling as alert and as awake as I would be if I had actually gotten some sleep. The only thing that reminds me that I didn't get any sleep is the fact that some of my joints are a touch stiff. Such things are easily remedied with some stretches, and a bike ride.

It's a beautiful day. It really is. What's funny though is that I keep forgetting that it's still the AM. I keep thinking that it's like 2 or 3 in the afternoon, but then I realize that it isn't even lunch time yet. I've got the whole day ahead of me, and I'm putting it to use.

I'm going to write a couple chapters for my fourth book, Parvulus Aequitas, to catch up on that. I might get some work on Mott done, or rather, as much work as I can get done without requiring assistance (which will happen at some point, I don't doubt that). Best part is this; I don't need to rush.

I've got the whole day ahead of me.

UPDATE:
It's been four hours, and I'm still awake and alert and fresh. It's so... weird, but at the same time, I feel... empowered. I'm operating on no sleep at all today, but I'm as awake and as alert as I would be if I had gotten sleep. Heck, maybe even more than if I had actually gotten sleep. Is that even possible?

UPDATE:
Just hit the thirty-six hour mark. Thirty-six hours that I've been awake. I'm starting to get a little tired, as I normally would at the end of a long day. At least I know that I'm going to sleep well tonight, y'know?

No comments: