Sunday, August 31, 2008

Turn Around

Am I allowed to swear? Can we air this if I curse? I wouldn't say it's a naughty word, but it is certainly a bad word that I have in mind that I want to use. George Carlin (RIP dude) had it defined under his "Seven Words" bit. Well, I'm going to go ahead. This my my blog (one of them, anyway), so I think I'm allowed a certain degree of freedom.

Holy fucking shite, I feel like someone pulled a rug out from under me, revealing a trap door in the floor, which opened up beneath me, causing me to slide down this weird water-slide-like tunnel (but minus the water), and now I've been dropped off in a place I don't recognize. And I have to face a series of challenges to be able to go on. Go on with what? With life? I don't know. Hell, I don't even know how many of these challenges will be good or not. I mean, sure, I can be hopeful, and I am. But I want to clarify something.

The whole "Holy fucking shite" thing? That wasn't out of shock, or anger, or anything like that.

Excitement.

School started on Monday, August 25th. If you really care to know what's going on, you can read my journals on different subjects here. You don't need to read all of them, really, but at the very least you can read the first post to get the idea of what it's all about. Get it? Got it? Good. Moving right along then.

Without going into an incredible amount of unnecessary detail, I'll tell you that school's going well. A million times better than last year went. And it's only been a week. It's been busy, aye, and crowded, and a lot to keep up with, but I am having a good time. Heck, it's even kicked my sleeping patterns into something decent! I'm planning on talking to the TWE folks about the superhero plays I wrote... as soon as I make a minor alteration to both of them that it necessary for continuity purposes. I really hope I can get them on though, considering how much time and hard work I've put into them.

Remember Mott? This is him. While he still needs ears, and eyes, and a haircut... he's finished. Some clothes wouldn't hurt either, I suppose. But for now, with his long hair and sunglasses, he is totally rocking a surfer-puppet look. I brought him to my first T.W.English class, for two reasons: (A) To get people to join my Project Group (I'm a PGL now), and (B) to show what kind of crazy stuff people can get away with in that class.


Work. Yeah, I'm still a Karaoke DJ, don't you worry about that. I'm doing it with my friend Zak now. He's the guy that lived with me for two months. Goes to my school. Swell guy, and a great friend. So he and I co-host Saturday Night Karaoke at the Phoenix now... when it works, that is. While we managed to fix the computer problem (and thus regain all the songs we've been missing for the last month or two), the monitors are still giving us hell from time to time. We did what we could, and now we just have to hope for the best and pray they work next time. Because if they don't, then I don't know what I'm going to do.

Anyway, I stayed last night (even though there was no karaoke) to chill with some friends. I was accused of some pretty ridiculous shit from someone I used to consider a good friend (I stopped considering them that last night, when they went all offensive and insulting for no reason). Had to deal with the stress of the karaoke stuff not working. I was tired after a week of school. But apart from the shitty stuff, it was alright. Had a couple drinks with some friends (who didn't insult me for no reason), got to hold hands for a couple seconds with someone really nice*, and shoot a couple games of pool. I miss pool. In the end, I went all the way downtown for breakfast at 3.30am. It was fun, and nice. My breakfast was a bacon cheeseburger, fries, and a soda. Moe's, downtown, about a block from Alexis Nihon. Check it out. I highly recommend it.

*(It was just holding hands, and it was just for a couple seconds. Literally. That was it. If there's more to come, then you'll know about it. I guess, anyway.)

So this basically wraps this post up. Long weekend this weekend, thanks to Labor Day being tomorrow. I think I'll be going downtown to see a friend of mine who's visiting from Québec City. In the meantime, however, for the rest of Sunday, I shall wait for a phone call which I'm starting to think I'm not going to get... Oh well. Either way, I'll make the best of everything.

Hobey-ho, let's go!

No comments: